Welcome

Welcome to West Gallery's blog

Thursday 17 May 2012

And the winner is...

Now then, now then, as it happens guys n' gals we have a winner of our little pop quiz on Monday. Hope it brightened your day a little and look, it's Thursday already, so it must have worked. Before you start scouring the text for more tunes, and believe me there's probably half a dozen that I have unwittingly put in by accident, this time there is no quiz! Next time I think I might do it on Pre-Raphaelite painters in the 19th century... that'll keep you busy! Anyway, well done to all those who took part. And the winner is... (big pause).... find out after the break!


Three Fine Mice by Dos Rodgers
The prize winner takes home this fabulous little gift box of "Three Fine Mice" by Dos Rodgers, a local ceramicist, who with her husband Dave make a range of beautiful stoneware pieces all at very affordable prices. Their work includes cute woodland and seaside creatures as well as tableware in stunning blue and green glazes. Prices range from 50p for a baby hedgehog, £2 for a fridge magnet and £6 for the bowls and fish wall plaques. More at West Gallery, come and have a look, at these prices everyone's a winner.

        


Where was I? Oh, the winner of our quiz was... Katherine from Bradworthy who, like a dog with a bone, stuck at it until she not only got all 15 but several more that I didn't know I'd put in! Well done, Katherine. Can I have her on my Wine & Wisdom team?


By the way here are the official answers:

1. Don't like Mondays, Boomtown Rats, 1979
2. Reasons to be Cheerful (part 3), Ian Dury and the Blockheads, 1979
3. Get ready, Rare Earth, 1970
4. What's going on, Marvin Gaye, 1973
5. Lowdown, Boz Scaggs, 1977
6. Do you know what I mean, Lee Michaels 1971
7. In the summertime, Mungo Jerry, 1970.
8. Imagine, John Lennon, 1975
9. Day after day, Bad finger, 1971
10. It's too late, Carole King, 1971
11. You ain't seen nothin' yet, Bachman Turner Overdrive, 1974
12. Everything is beautiful, Ray Stevens, 1970
13 I wish, Stevie Wonder, 1976
14.  Gonna fly now (Theme from Rocky), Bill Conti 1977
15. Without you, Harry Nilsson, 1971

No comments:

Post a Comment