Welcome

Welcome to West Gallery's blog

Thursday 3 May 2012

I could SCREAM!!

It couldn't go without mention that Edvard Munch's The Scream went for a record breaking $120,000,000 at Sotheby's yesterday. You have to wonder is this about art or money? I mean, anybody could knock one of these up, couldn't they? No? Well here's one I made earlier next to the original...


 


The one on the right is the original, by the way, and mine is on the left, which I did whilst the kettle was boiling. The original is worth $120m (£74,000,000) and mine is a current snip at £50,000,000 ono, available only at West Gallery. I bet the mystery buyer feels a bit silly now knowing he could have picked mine up a lot cheaper!


Mine is entitled 'Ice Cream' (see what I've done there?) and depicts a tourist on Paignton Pier in sunny Devon having an ice cream and, by the looks of it, he should have used Sensodyne toothpaste. Clearly it hurts! Meanwhile his mate is throwing up over the pier after a heavy night.


Although I don't dislike The Scream, I certainly wouldn't hang it on my wall. It does want to make you scream when so many talented artists struggle to make a living only to witness the events of yesterday. What do you think?


Ah well, had my grumble, back to the day job!



No comments:

Post a Comment